Sedgemoor District Council
The Bridgwater Parish Council Warding Order 2003
1. On the 7th day of March, 2003 the Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by Sections 14 and 23 of the Local government and Rating Act, 1997 (“the Act”) and of all others powers enabling him in that behalf made the Sedgemoor (Parish) Order 2003 (“the Order”) which gives effect (without modification) to a recommendation made to him by Sedgemoor District Council (“the Council”) following a review conducted by them in accordance with Part II of that Act for the constitution as a Parish of an area within the District of Sedgemoor.
2. The said Order directed the Council to establish a Parish Council for a new Parish of Bridgwater comprising the area delineated by a blue line on the map referred to in the said Order.
3. The Council has considered the electoral arrangements for the new Parish Council for Bridgwater pursuant to the provisions of the Act has decided to create Parish wards with the number of Councillors assigned thereto in manner hereinafter appearing.
4. The Council has under Section 9(3) of the Act made its proposals for electoral arrangements for the new Parish Council for Bridgwater to the Electoral Commission and the Commission has consented thereto.
NOW THEREFORE THE COUNCIL in pursuance of the powers conferred on it by the Local government and Rating Act 1997 and all other powers it enabling DO HEREBY ORDER AND DECLARE as follows:-
1. That a separate Parish Council shall be established for the Parish of Bridgwater.
2. That the total number of Parish Councillors for Bridgwater shall be 16.
3. The Parish Council for Bridgwater shall consist of the six Wards named in column A of the table set out below which said wards are delineated by orange lines on the map accompanying this Order marked “Map referred to in the Bridgwater Parish Council Warding Order 2003” and the number of Parish Councillors for each Ward shall be as set out in column B of the said table.
4. This Order may be cited as the Bridgwater Council Warding Order 2003 and shall come into operation on the 1st May 2003 PROVIDED that for the purpose of all proceedings preliminary or relating to an election to be held on or after that date, this Order shall come into operation forthwith.
|Column A||Column B|
|Name of Ward||Name of councillors|
2003 No. 610
LOCAL GOVERNMENT, ENGLAND
The Sedgemoor (Parish) Order 2003
Made 7th March 2003
Coming into force in accordance with article 1(2)
The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by sections 14 and 23 of the Local Government and rating Act 1997(a), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, hereby makes the following Order which gives effect (without modification) to a recommendation made to him by Sedgemoor District Council, following a review conducted by them in accordance with Part II of that Act, for the constitution as a parish of an area within the district of Sedgemoor:
Citation, commencement and interpretation
1. – (1) This Order may be cited as the Sedgemoor (Parish) Order 2003.
(2) It shall come into force-
(a) for the purpose of this article and proceedings preliminary or relating to elections of parish councillors to be held on 1st May 2003, on the day after that on which it is made;
(b) for all other purposes, on 1st April 2003.
(3) In this Order-
(a) “the new parish” means the parish constituted by article 2;
(b) “the map” means the map prepared by the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister, marked “Map of the Sedgemoor (Parish) Order 2003” and deposited in accordance with regulation 6(1) of the Local Government (Parishes and Parish Councils) Regulations 1999(b).
Constitution of new parish
2.-(1) A new parish, comprising the area delineated by a blue line on the map, shall be constituted within the district of Sedgemoor.
(2) The name of the new parish shall be Bridgwater
Direction to establish parish council
3. The Sedgemoor District Council is hereby directed to establish a parish council for the new parish.
4. Until the councillors elected to the council of the parish of Bridgwater at the elections to be held o 1st May 2003 come into office, the parish of Bridgwater shall be represented by those persons who are elected councillors holding office immediately before 1stApril 2003 for the district wards which include the area of the new parish.
5. 1st April 2003 is the Order date for the purposes of the Local Government (Parishes and Parish Councils) Regulations 1999.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State
A Senior Civil Servant
In the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister
7th March 2003
(This is not part of the Order)
This Order gives effect, without modification, to a recommendation resulting from a review conducted by Sedgemoor District Council for the creation as a parish of an area within the district of Sedgemoor and for the establishment of a parish council for this area. A map forming part of this note gives a general guide to the area concerned.
Article 2 creates the new parish, to be called Bridgwater.
Article 3 directs Sedgemoor District Council to establish a parish council for the new parish.
Article 4 Provides for the new parish to be represented by the district councillors elected for the district wards which include the area of the new parish until councillors for the new parish elected at the election to be held on 1st May 2003, come into office.
1st April 2003 is the order date for the purposes of the Local government (Parishes and Parish Councils) Regulations 1999, which make general provision in relation to orders such as this Order.
Prints of the map referred to in the Order may be inspected at all reasonable hours at the offices of the Sedgemoor District Council, Bridgwater House, King Square, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 3AR and at the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister, Ashdown House, 123 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6DE.